The Red Cross and Pitney Bowes have once again teamed up to collect holiday cards from regular citizens, from all across the United States and beyond, and distribute them to service members, veterans and their families.
This is your chance to give back, this holiday season, to those who have sacrificed and given so much for our country. If you will send in your Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa cards, the Red Cross will see they reach the courageous men and women, as well as their families, in time for the holidays. So, while you are writing your holiday cards, take just one moment more and add another card. It will be most appreciated, making this a happy holiday season for someone so very deserving. Just be sure they are postmarked no later than December 9, 2011.
Mail your cards to:
Holiday Mail For Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456
- All cards being sent in for 2011 Holiday Mail For Heroes program should be postmarked no later than Friday, December 9, 2011.
- Ensure that all cards are signed.
- Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
- Only cards are being accepted. Do not send letters.
- Do not include email or home addresses on the cards, as the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- Please refrain from sending holiday cards with glitter. Many of these cards will be delivered to military and veterans medical facilities and the glitter could interfere with a patient’s recovery.
- We encourage participants to mail as many cards as they are comfortable sending. If you are mailing a large quantity, please bundle the cards and place them in large mailing envelopes or use a flat rate box from the post office. Each card does not need its own envelope, as cards will be removed from all envelopes before distribution.
Watch the Red Cross slide show of last year's cards sent:
Thank you for stopping by
Have a beautiful day