Malisa of Moonlight Hollow handed me this tag. Once received, I am supposed to list six things about me that people do not already know. At first I thought this would be a piece of cake but then, as I began my list, I realized just how hard an undertaking this is. My life is an open book.......okay maybe a small paperback…..okay okay, it’s at best a pamphlet. It’s not that my life hasn’t been full. It’s just that, beyond that which you already know, there just isn’t much more. Yet with that said…..
- I have 24 plastic pink flamingos scattered about my yard; some in small groups of 2, 3 and 4, lurking behind trees and peeking through bushes.
- Although I never studied astronomy and physics in college (just not smart enough)…..I am way into them. I have two bookshelves crammed with books on astronomy; everything from the Cambridge Illustrated History of Astronomy to Carl Sagan’s “Cosmos”. I also have subscriptions to Sky & Telescope and Scientific America. And shall we get into the telescopes? I haven’t as many books on physics but still a good collection. The more I read, the more questions I have and so I’m always seeking more to read.
- I love music of all genre, but while driving (alone) I listen to rock…..hard rock, not soft rock……and I listen to it real loud. That is until I come upon a stop light or my neighborhood. Then I will turn it way down. I just don’t think it is socially acceptable for a woman of my age to be listening to that music…..and I just don’t want to freak anyone out.
- I have a thing for black tops…specifically t-shirts. I have about 16 t-shirt style tops in my closet….no design, no embellishments on them….just plain, all black, t-shirt style tops. I do have all sorts of tops in a rainbow of colors, but I have to make a conscious effort to wear them. On a given day….most days….you will find me in black tee and blue jeans
- In college I took modern dance; not because I aspired to be a dancer, but because I needed the phys-ed credit and was horrible at sports. I still am.
- As a young girl, I went camping many times with my Girl Scout Group. I received many….MANY! ….badges. I (still) can tie over 13 different knots, build a proper camp fire, blaze and mark a trail, pitch a tent and pack a well structured yet light backpack. When I hit my teens, I still went hiking / backpacking (and I still do) but no longer did I camp out. Suffice it to say, I know all there is to camping and could take on the most rugged of terrain if I had to, but I have this terrible dependency for flushing toilets and electricity.
Now that I have bored you senseless, I am to tag 6 more people.
Sorry girls, Malisa of Moonlight Hollow made me do it.
- Teesha @ Teesha's Circus
- Marie @ Cpaphil Vintage Postcard
- Jenn @ Mysteries of Juniper
- Rhonda @ RhondaMum
- Ros @ Stamp & Scrape
- Beth @ The Best Hearts are Crunchy
Okay, now you six girls are to list six things your readers don't know about you, and then tag six new people. Oh and....you can take that tag with you. :-)
Have a beautiful day...